Studies have revealed that satisfied and motivated employees are significantly more productive, drive greater customer satisfaction and outperform in their roles.
Think for a moment about what would make you feel most motivated to leave your home every morning and do your best each day. Great employers can motivate their employees by;
- Paying every employee their rightful wage consistently. Every province and country has regulations with regard to this. In Alberta province, there is information available at alis website.
- Providing a safe and comfortable working environment with great office furniture and space that encourages privacy.
- Sharing the company successes with the employees. Can be in form of profit sharing, or stock options, or bonuses tied to performance.
- Creating cozy spaces for employees to rest and renew and even get inspiration during the day and encourage them to take health breaks. Maybe even permit afternoon naps, which is a great way to have dreams and visions!
- Providing healthy, high quality food, at the lowest possible prices, including in vending machines and drink dispensers. Would be great to have a pantry full of energy boosting snacks.
- Offering a well-equipped gym or gym memberships to encourage employees to stay fit.
- Establishing policies that encourage employees to get innovative and make full use of their skills and talents.
- Defining clear expectations and trusting their employees enough to giving them as much autonomy as possible to choose when they work, where they do their work, and how best to get it accomplished.
- Instituting two-way performance reviews whereby employees not only receive regular feedback about how they’re doing, but also are given the opportunity to provide feedback to their supervisors, anonymously if they so choose, to avoid retaliation.
- Providing employees with opportunities and incentives to learn, develop and grow.
Some of the companies with great reviews, in no specific order are listed below. Most of the reviews sited great company culture, attractive package, respect and trust for the employees, comfortable and safe working environment and skilled team.
- LinkedIn– Is an American business and employment-oriented online service that operates via websites and mobile apps. It was launched on May 5, 2003 and is mainly used for professional networking, including employers posting jobs and job seekers posting their resumes.
- Google– Ranked on LinkedIn’s top companies, Google is known for supporting equal opportunity in the workplace and is committed to hiring qualified applicants regardless of past criminal records.
- Airbnb (Internet)- Top U.S. locations include; San Francisco, Portland and New York City. Fastest-growing skills: Adobe InDesign CC, Agile Methodologies, User Experience Design. Most new hires are in Engineering, Arts and Design and Human Resources roles. Airbnb encourages its employees to get out of the office and into the world with $500 in employee travel credits each quarter.
- The Walt Disney Company (Entertainment)- The Walt Disney Company is the parent company of ESPN, ABC, Pixar and others. Top U.S. locations include Los Angeles, Orlando and New York City. Its fastest-growing skills are Data Analysis, Java and Python. Most new hires are in Operations, Business Development, Media and Communication roles. Disney is among the few companies that will cover education costs for its employees.
- Box (Internet)- Top U.S. locations include San Francisco, Austin and New York City. Fastest-growing skills are IT Strategy, Software Development Life Cycle and jQuery. Most new hires are in Sales, Engineering and IT roles. Box is on the hunt for jobseekers with two key qualities: excellent collaboration skills and a growth mindset.
- DocuSign– Top U.S. locations include Seattle, San Francisco and Chicago. Most new hires are in Sales, Engineering and IT roles. The CEO Dan Springer, expanded DocuSign’s paid parental leave to a full six months after reflecting on the challenges of growing up with a single mother and now parenting as a single father.
- Spotify (Music)- Top U.S. locations: New York City, Los Angeles and Boston. Most new hires are in Engineering, Arts and Design, and Sales roles. Spotify is doubling down on podcasts after acquiring Gimlet Media and Anchor earlier this year. For two years, it’s been the second-biggest podcasting platform over the past two years and is now hoping to expand its reach with more original content according to CEO Daniel Ek.
- Cisco Computer Networking– Top U.S. locations: San Francisco, Raleigh-Durham and Dallas-Fort Worth. Most new hires are in Engineering, IT and Sales roles. Cisco’s executive team led by CEO Chuck Robbins has made an increased effort to touch on mental health and sexual harassment issues.
- NETFLIX– Top U.S. locations include Los Angeles, San Francisco and New York City. Most new hires are in Media and Communication, Engineering and Operations roles.
- Facebook– Facebook is the parent company of Instagram, Oculus VR and WhatsApp. It’s top U.S. locations include San Francisco, Seattle and New York City. Most new hires are in Engineering, IT, Program and Project Management roles. See jobs at Facebook.
- Dropbox (Internet)- Top U.S. locations: San Francisco, Austin, Seattle. Most new hires are in Engineering, Sales and Human Resources roles.
- Sales Force– Top Canada locations: Toronto, Fredericton and Vancouver. Most new hires are in Sales, Engineering and Business Development roles. Salesforce founder Mark Benioff made an announcement in early 2018 that the company would invest US$2 billion in its Canadian operations over the next five years.
- Adobe– Top U.S. locations are San Francisco Bay Area, New York City, Lehi and Utah. Most new hires are in Engineering, Sales, IT roles. Adobe provides its employees with unlimited vacation, paid holidays and two weeks of company shutdowns.
- Pinterest (Internet)- Top U.S. locations: San Francisco, New York City and Salt Lake City. Most new hires are in Engineering, Sales and Entrepreneurship. Pinterest saw its revenue jump 50% year-over-year to more than $750 million last year.
- Apple– Top U.S. locations are San Francisco, New York City and Austin. Most new hires are in Engineering, IT and Sales roles. Apple plans to create 20,000 new jobs over the next five years across its existing campuses and will invest $1 billion to build an all-new campus in Austin.
- PwC– Top Canada locations: Toronto, Montreal and Calgary. Most new hires are in Accounting, Consulting and Information Technology roles. PwC trusts its employees with flexible work schedule like working remotely, reduced hours and flex days.