Competition for job offers has become stiff as many people have lost their jobs due to Covid-19 pandemic. One thing that stands out however is the fact that there are industries that are still hiring out there. The following are tips to consider as you prepare for a very rigorous job search.
- Look who’s hiring: Conduct a quick research to know who’s hiring and know the skill sets they are looking for and how your experience can transfer to meet their needs.
- Update your resume: your resume needs to be tailored to match a job posting therefore match the keywords used for skills, experience and title sections of the job posting.
- Engage your network: Reach out to your supporters, targets, allied forces, and role models to help with connections, and introduction or a potential referrals.
- Sell yourself using a well crafted elevator pitch.
- Don’t hide the fact that you lost your job: Talk about it with the people you trust and get as much assistance as possible.
- Prepare a video resume especially now that many organizations are not conducting live interviews.
- Prepare you LinkedIn profile with updated information, make use of the summary section to plant your well prepared elevator pitch.
- Do not hesitate to negotiate for start dates and salaries.